Your Skin Cancer Detection and Management team
Skin cancer can be scary. Sadly it is a very common diagnosis especially here in Taranaki. Our outdoor lifestyles expose us to the harsh UV rays of the New Zealand sun With our cutting edge diagnostic service and highly trained accredited skin cancer team, you can feel secure with the knowledge that you are going to get the treatment you need in a timely and supported manner.
- New Zealand has one of the highest rates of Skin Cancer in the world.
- 2:3 New Zealanders will be diagnosed with skin cancer by the time they are 70!
- New Zealand and Australia have the highest rates of melanoma in the world.
- ~300 New Zealanders dying of melanoma every year. That’s more than the road toll!
- Taranaki has the highest rates of Melanoma in New Zealand with about 130 people diagnosed in the Taranaki and South Taranaki Districts per year! That’s 1 every 3 days!
- ~90% of Skin Cancer cases are attributed to excess UV (Sun and tanning beds) exposure.